So don’t worry Mom and Dad, you aren’t going to become grandparents anytime soon, but you eventually will. And this is what my children should know when that ‘eventually’ finds it’s way into our lives.
1) Self – Love is the first form of romance. Do not hope to be the ‘love of life’ for somebody if you’re a constantly whining and self deprecating wimp.
2) Be yourself. But do not use that clichéd half-assed phrase to find your way out of a sticky situation.
3) You will fall. Both, literally and figuratively. Don’t expect to be fussed over then. Get back up.
4) The world is full of cynics. Don’t become one.
5) Wash your make – up at night. Seriously, do it. This will probably be the best piece of advice that you’d want.
6) Don’t let anyone rain on your parade. At the same time, don’t rain on theirs.
7) Do not speak when you have nothing worthwhile to say. Seriously, just shut up and save the world from another nagging idiot.
8) Sometimes, your thighs touch and you won’t have that flat tummy, but you’re still going to be loved. So, eat that piece of cake before I do.
9) Relish in your selfies. After all you’re going to need something to cherish later in your mundane life.
10) Inaction is worse than rejection. At least give a shot at telling that long – time crush of yours that you like him. Chances are that they’ll like you back. (Ofcourse they will. Duh. You’re my child.)
11) You were not born to just be somebody’s wife. Act like it.
12) Worrying causes wrinkles, Botox is expensive. Chill.
13) Read. READ. The best thing that you can do probably. Also, listening to the correct music.
14) You will have your heart broken, and it may hurt like hell. But do not make yourself available to just about any random person to fill that void in your life. The right one will stumble their way to you. (Most of the times, unexpectedly.)
15) Life is good. Live. And stay recklessly beautiful.